What are the early warning signs of a pest infestation?
Pest Busters Sydney has put together a simple and easy to follow guide that you can follow to see the early signs of a pest infestation.
In any pest infestation early intervention is paramount in ensuring complete eradication.
- Tiny faecal droppings, smudges from regurgitated food and egg cases.
- The cockroaches themselves, particularly if disturbed at night by suddenly turning on the lights.
- Cockroaches seen during the day may – but not always – indicate a large population.
- Droppings, half eaten food, gnaw marks, odour and stains from their urine.
- Physical damage to electrical cables, furniture, books etc
- Webs or burrows/holes
Wasps and hornets
- The insects or the nests
- Cats and dogs scratching, small bites around the ankles on humans.
- Noise at night, odours.
Birds and bird lice
- The birds noise, nests and droppings.
- Bird lice that migrate to humans will leave an itchy, painful rash.
- Small bite marks in rows on the skin.
- Minute, white eggs and adult bedbugs can be found in cracks and crevices such as in – springs of bed, in mattresses, furniture.
- Sweet, musty smell.
- Damage to clothes, carpets, book bindings, linen etc.
- Ant trails, ant nests.
- The smell!
If you have found any of the signs listed above be sure to call Pest Busters Sydney on 1300 130 567 or contact us using the contact us form